There may have been a moment in your life when you still had nerve pain despite physical therapy, medications, chiropractic therapy, steroid injections, or medications. Your physician may have said that opiate therapy was the only option left. In fact, many of my patients come to my office desperate for help after they have been turned away from other offices. If these words ring true to you, then you may be a candidate for spinal cord stimulation therapy for chronic, persistent nerve pain.
How does spinal cord stimulation work?
Spinal cord stimulation has been used for at least 30 years and there are advances in this therapy every year.
- Spinal cord stimulation is a proven, effective treatment for chronic, persistent pain of the spine, arms, legs, and stomach.
- By delivering small bursts of electrical impulses to the spinal cord, we can change the pain signal to the brain coming from damaged nerves.
Which conditions is it useful for?
- Chronic Pain after surgery
- Nerve Pain, such as in feet and arms
- Chronic pain in the knee despite total knee replacement surgery
- Chronic pain in the shoulder
- Pelvic Pain
How successful is this therapy?
- 9 out of 10 people report significant pain relief with the device
What is the process?
- Consultation with Dr. Bhandari
- Pre operative testing such as imaging, blood tests, and psychological clearance
- TRIAL procedure: a 7 day trial with the trial stimulator in order to see if it reduces your pain
- Removal of the trial leads
- Permanent Implant: this is a same-day surgical procedure performed at the hospital
- Post-Op check and reprogram
Where can I get more information?
CLICK HERE to learn more about this therapy